Humidity and Frizz!!! Do not let it ruin your big day!!
If you have frizzy hair make sure that you are using the correct products such as frizz controllers. Too much product is one of the biggest things women will do and that will make the hair look DULL!!!
BED HEAD TIGI CONTROL FREAK serum 3 9oz is awesome!!
MOROCCAN OIL - This ultra-light formula is absorbed in the hair instantly resulting in a silky finish but controlling the frizz. When you wash your hair the night before, put some on after you get out of the shower about a dime size, brush it through and then dry your hair or sleep in it wet doesn’t matter. In the morning you will see!!
CHI SERUM is also one of my favorites not to mention it smells great!! The CHI is basically used as the same as the Moroccan oil.
Frizzy hair is by far the number one hair hassle women complain about and for good reason. Flyways are a major issue. Here are some good tips for those flyways and frizzy hair
1) Start in the shower with a hydrating, repairing shampoo. When hair is well nourished it is less likely to react to humidity. Limit yourself to washing every other day because that will allow your body’s natural oils to condition the scalp and hair follicles.
2) Choose your tools Wisely
They are not all created equal. For straight locks Boar-bristles brushes are gentle so there is less breakage. Before washing your hair brush your hair from root to tips to detangle strands and stimulate blood flow on the scalp. CURLY GIRLS please stick with WIDE TOOTH COMBS used only after conditioner.
3) ALWAYS APPLY ANTI-FRIZZ
On damp hair from roots to tips weather you are letting it air dry or using heat.
If you are using heat spray a heat protectant spray all over after the anti- frizz.
When you spray the protectant start upside down and dry about 70%
Flip head up and run a medium size brush through 2-inchlayers. Lifting the crown. Keep strands smooth by angling blow dryer down towards the ends.
For wavy hair, divide into five sections starting in the back. Add a comb of lightweight lotion and styling cream to each and then diffuse until mostly dry. Spritz a finishing spray all over and then let it be.
TOUCHING HAIR REPEATEDLY CAUSES FUZZ.
If you air-dry, a leave in conditioner is the key to taming wild hair.
4) Strengthen your strands with an at home protein mask to rebuild Keratin is the way to go and since your hair is made out of Keratin it will do wonders. Try to apply it for once a week because regular treatments will increase softness and shine. Look for corn, rice, wheat, and soy proteins on the labels. All if these ingredients are all extremely moisturizing.
5) Try an UPDO
IF you are going to be outdoors and you are traveling to your destination wedding to meet the hairstylist and makeup artist put your hair up in a GOODY SIMPLE MODERN UPDO PIN ($7.00 drugstore) and skip the elastics because it can create creases. Take your hair down upon arrival and run your palms over any stray frizzies. The natural oils on your skin will help smooth them.
6) CHECK YOUR BRUSH
BOAR BRISTLE ALL PURPOSE STYLING BRUSH ($11.00 DRUGSTORE)
Girls with Fine Hair and Thick
Fine hair- Mousse is going to be your best friend. Use TIGI EXTRA STRONG MOUSSE. It will prevent your style to fall flat. Run about 2-3 golf ball sizes through your hair after your shampoo.
Before you take a shower take your fingers and massage your scalp using a technique that mimics squeezing an orange. Doing this technique helps the scalp increase blood flow and kick starts the exfoliation of pores and brings out sebum. Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner loaded with rice or wheat protein will totally strengthen and expand the diameter of the hair shaft and just know that your roots are naturally hydrated by the scalps oils so only conditioning the ends is all. Too much conditioner can cause the hair to go flat and you don’t want that!!!
DRY SHAMPOO SPRAY is if you want to pump up the volume and zap away slippery sebum and you’re on the go!!. Great for fine hair look for Corn, rice, or oat starches which are powerful sebum-absorbers and won’t leave behind a chalky residue on the labels.
HAIRCUTS FOR FINE HAIR
To camouflage a receding or thinning hairline, ask your stylist to snip soft side swept bangs. This flattering fringe frames your face. Creates the illusion of fullness, shortness a high forehead and draws attention to your eyes. If you think that bangs will be too much or to keep upkeep ask your stylist to cut front pieces long enough so that they can be tucked behind your ears.
FIVE MINUTE STYLING SOULITION
Salt water beach spray (Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray $23.00) creating two-inch wide braids around your head securing your ends with clips or elastic bands grab a flat iron and run it over each braid then undo the braids flip your head upside down and finger comb from root to tip. Spray with dry shampoo which sponges up any excess grease so your style stays all day long!!!
If you have fine hair girls you want to create an illusion of thicker head of hair and to add dimension with highlights and lowlights. Dye pigments temporarily volumize the hair shaft by absorbing oil and sealing the cuticle.
1) Always get a good haircut and keep up with it!!
2) Do not be afraid NOT to wash it every day. Having thick hair and a good haircut cuts the time down to blow-dry and style it. Let your hair be dirty and it is great for up do’s
3) Dry Shampoo is your best friend when it comes to thick hair.
4) When you get out of the shower and you know you need to blow dry your hair but it takes forever, all you will need to do is grab a bunch of paper towels (bounty works great) squeeze all the water from your hair in it and then blow dry. You just cut your time in half!!
5) Throw a away your conditioner’s and buy Leave in conditioner’s
Regular conditioners can leave a greasy build up in the hair.
6) Appreciate your thick hair!!
Tips to help you in an emergency on the day of or just life
1) Baby Powder- is great for treating wedding-dress STAINS! Sprinkle on to the dress absorb oil from spot then wipe off with a white cloth. Baby Powder is great for the summer. Put Baby Powder between your legs, under arms, under breast and between cheeks lol I’m serious!!! on a really hot day you will thank me lol
2) Vodka- Give your diamond a real cleaning and shining using vodka (yes, Vodka!) and a toothbrush. If you do not have Vodka then toothpaste is great as well.
3) Swollen fingers- run under really cold water to calm down the blood flow.
4) Lip Balm- Zipper is stuck?? Lip Balm or hand soap can loosen it.
5) Dryer Sheets- To keep hosiery from sticking to your dress, rub a damp used dryer sheet over them. Toss one in your luggage just in case) it’ll freshen your clothes) If you don’t have one run a wire hanger or metal spoon over or under your dress. Dryer Sheets are also great for static hair, just run a new dryer sheet in a down ward motion.
6) Bananas!!! Use the inside of a Banana peel to erase scuffs from your guy’s leather shoes, and then buff them to shine with a paper towel.
7) Clear nail polish- Reattach rhinestones and beads that may have fallen off your dress with clear nail polish. It can also stop stocking runs in their tracks.